Wednesday, January 18, 2023

A Garden Is A Private World

A L O H A From Honolulu!

The secret of the mountain is that
the mountains simply exist,
as I do myself: the mountains
exist simply, which I do not.
The mountains have no "meaning,"
they are meaning;
the mountains are. Peter Matthiessen



A garden is a private world
or it is nothing.
Eleanor Perenyi



Smokey Lunar New Year Dancing Lions in Town!
前兔无量 / 前兔似锦

Qián tù wúliàng / Qián tù sì jǐn

A promising/bright rabbit ahead!


It's Year Of The CAT, You Know! *

Tiền vào nhu nước sông Đà,
tiền ra nhỏ giọt như cà phê phin:

Money influx is as strong as Da's river; expenditure is as little as dripping coffee.

Our Vietnamese New Year Wish

To YOU!


ꯗꯗꯗꯗꯗꯗꯗꯗꯗꯗꯗꯗꯏ

Love You,

Pixie & Cloudia

* Lunar Year of the Rabbit,
is considered Year of the Cat in Vietnam!

9 comments:

Mike said...

Search "Vietnamese New Year" on Google.

Elephant's Child said...

I think it was Cicero who says that a person with a garden and a library has everything they need.

Cloudia said...

I will check both of these Suggestions. Thank you

roentare said...

Rabbit year is my Taisui. So I have to be extra careful about things. I love your two quotes at beginning. The first one reads so Zen

Teresa said...

The phrase "qian tu" can mean rabbit up ahead or 'future' depending on the tones and characters, so A promising rabbit ahead means a promising future in an auspicious Chinese pun.

Thanks for sharing the lion dancers. Every year I look forward to your Chinese New Year posts!

William Kendall said...

Pixie is in search of an overdue nap.

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful images from the mountains to Pixie.
A promising/bright Rabbit year ahead!

Take care, have a great day!

RedPat said...

Love that garden, Cloudia.

Fundy Blue said...

I love the Peter Matthiessen quote, Cloudia. It is profound. His book "The Snow Leopard" is one of my most favorite books. Your photos are wonderful.