Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Fifty Four Years Ago and Today

A L O H A From Honolulu!

My favorite things in life don't cost any money. Steve Jobs  




[My Ticket]

It was the first.
The biggest event ever.
I was there.
It was overwhelming!

Woodstock - The Message of History's Biggest Happening Friday, Aug. 29, 1969 Time Magazine Link
The baffling history of mankind is full of obvious turning points and significant events: battles won, treaties signed, rulers elected or deposed, and now, seemingly, planets conquered. Equally important are the great groundswells of popular movements that affect the minds and values of a generation or more, not all of which can be neatly tied to a time and place. Looking back upon the America of the '60s, future historians may well search for the meaning of one such movement. It drew the public's notice on the days and nights of Aug. 15 through 17, 1969, on the 600-acre farm of Max Yasgur in Bethel, N.Y.



Talk to yourself
like someone you love.
Brené Brown

By being yourself
you put something wonderful
in the world that was
not there before.
Edwin Elliot

Caring for myself is
not self-indulgence,
it is self-preservation,
and that is an
act of political warfare.
Audre Lorde


Why not touch things
that we hate and turn them
upside down and inside out? Alber Elbaz

ꪪꪪꪪꪪꪪꪪꪪꪪ
Love You,
Cloudia & Pixie






20 comments:

Kay said...

What is it about Hawaii Aloha that always makes me tear up when I hear it? We used to sing it at school.

roentare said...

Self care is indeed so important!

Elephant's Child said...

How lucky you were to be at Woodstock. Memories to hug to yourself on dark days.

Cloudia said...

Yes Kay. We get emotional every time.

Thanks dear friends

Mike said...

I thought the Woodstock tickets would be worth more but you can get some on eBay for $15.

s.c said...

What an experience to have experienced Woodstock. An epic event in music history and wonderful to remember. Also nice that Pixie is now on 4 legs though upside down.

eileeninmd said...

Love the photos, the cute dogs and Pixie.
The waterlilies are lovely.
Woodstock is a cool memory.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Tom said...

...the time sure went by quickly.

RedPat said...

I love it when you show your Woodstock tickets. ;-)

William Kendall said...

Sweet little dogs.

Spider-Pixie is on the lookout for her arch enemy the Doggoblin.

Teresa said...

Great post!! I loved the videos at the end. Which is the real Pixie and which is the reflection?

Cloudia said...

Thanks friends ❤️

Yes there are Woodstock tickets available on eBay and they are not that expensive. But this one is mine. Once I got there you did not need a ticket, lol. Appreciate each of you!

Elke Heinze said...

Dear Cloudia,
ever since I read about the Hawaii fires, I've thought about you. I hope you and your loved ones are doing well. - You actually went to the Woodstock Festival? This is truly a legend to remember even if you haven't been there yourself. I wasn't there, but I have the images in my mind and the music in my ears.
Kind regards - Elke (Nature Thursday)

Bill said...

Woodstock was such an epic event. Those dogs are very cute.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have seen documentaries of Woodstock and I wish I could have taken myself back to that time and had that musical experience. You were SO lucky. And from what I saw, probably pretty stinky by the end, too (grin).

Cute dogs and Pixie put things right today.

My GBGV Life said...

That is amazing you have your ticket, what a great keepsake! I bet it was the best time ever!

Anvilcloud said...

You were there personally, or was that a quote?

Gillena Cox said...

Loving self is a good place to start

Happy Thursday

Much💖love

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was a fun post, howdy sweet Pixie! I was at Woodstock too except I was working as a roadie for one of the bands.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oops, I forgot to say thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!