Wednesday, September 27, 2023

In The Hush 0f A Quiet Morning

A L O H A From Honolulu!
Notice what you see.
Hear. Smell. Feel. Take a deep breath.
Relax on an exhale. Who you are in this moment
is a different person than
you've ever been before. Feel what's possible. Breathe it in. Take back your life.
Cory Muscara
@corymuscara



It is only through shadows that one comes to know the light. Catherine of Siena



Hawaiian Quilt
Every year of my life 
I grow more convinced that 
it is wisest and best to fix our 
attention on the beautiful and good 
and dwell as little as possible 
on the dark and the base.
                 Richard Cecil



In the hush of a quiet morning
This shady street tree waits
A wise old friend
Sharing solitude.



Life is like chasing
a laser pointer.
You may never catch it,
but the fun is in the chase!

୩୩୩୩୩୩୩୩୩୩୩୩୩୩୩୩୩
Love You,
Pixie & Cloudia
.









22 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I love your focus on beauty.

Cloudia said...

Thank you my friend. Aloha. I hope the week is good.

roentare said...

Soulful and insightful into our own innerworld

s.c said...

You wonder why the world is so bad when there are such wise quotes.

DrumMajor said...

LOVE that rainbow and the honu quilt! It goes with Pixie's linens, eh? Linda in Kansas

William Kendall said...

Pixie looks suspicious of something.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos, love the rainbow, the trees and shadows.
Pixie is always a favorite. Take care, have a great day!

Anvilcloud said...

Great analogy with the laser pointer.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful post

RedPat said...

The rainbow reminds me of a kite. ;-)

Catalyst said...

That first photo is a great catch. And Pixie looks a bit peeved, perhaps because she couldn't catch that damnable red spot.

John A Hill said...

Love the sun dog!
Sun dogs are my favorite atmospheric phenomena.

Michelle said...

I like that sun dog!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Such cheerful photos and text to start the day, Cloudia.
Blessings!

Bill said...

A beautiful sun dog brings a smile to me.

Teresa said...

I love the rainbow and shadow pictures, but my favorite is my mental picture of Pixie chasing laser pointer light spots :)

Tom said...

...I hope that all of your mornings are beautiful.

Elke Heinze said...

Hi Cloudia,
in addition to your wonderful quotes, I particularly like the rainbow and the shadows play. Thanks for the link to Nature Thursday. Kind regards – Elke

Brian's Home Blog said...

That rainbow is stunning! Such wonderful photos and sweet Pixie, those are wise words! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

rupam sarma said...

Rainbow looks amazing, Beautiful post and pics.
Loved PIxie's pic :)

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I love your pictures ... especially the shadows and light. Of course Pixie always gets my attention and I enjoyed your music. I agree we should focus on the positives and turn our back on the dark side. I don't know what kind of fall you have in Hawaii ... never thought about it until now. Do you ever see the turning of the leaves and the fresh cool air of fall?Perhaps if you ever visit the mainland, you would choose to do it at that time of year so you could see what you don't see at home. Be well, Claudia ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Michelle said...

Thanks for linking up!!