Friday, September 15, 2023

Sky Sea Memories

A L O H A From Honolulu!

Sky and the sea
reflect each other.
Sky so vast
and ever-changing,
Sea mysterious and deep.
Together they embody
Nuanced human emotion.



If every tiny flower
wanted to be a rose,
Spring would lose its loveliness.
    Therese of Lisieux



Memories do not
live in our past,
but direct us to our future.
We are what we remember.
So we can imagine and build.









In this sleepless night,
as the darkness advances,
look up at the sky and
somehow remember that somewhere
in this wide world, there are always
people who love you, and
people who need you. Because
every person can't
go on living alone.
    Ai Yazawa

ᨌᨌᨌᨌᨌᨌᨌᨌᨌᨌᨌᨌ
Love You,
Pixie & Cloudia

 Links

SkyWatch

Floral Friday

Friday Faceoff

Weekend Reflections & Street Photography

Feline Friday



Don't feel negative
about your years
in any way.
Exalt in them!
That will make
all the difference.


28 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you. I love that statue. She looks so happy.

Cloudia said...

Yes, I agree. Thanks honey. Aloha

Mike said...

Love the first picture... so I stole it.

Teresa said...

I love the memory shot of the NorCal lagoon and the great shot of Pixie. The Hawaiian statues with leis are cool, too. Thanks for spreading love and beauty in the world.

roentare said...

Interesting to treat past experiences as assets rather than liability. So good to read that.

Tom said...

...what a sky!

eileeninmd said...

The first scene and sky is beautiful.
A lovely hibiscus bloom.
The statue with the lei is beautiful.
Sweet shot of Pixie.
Take care, have a great day and happy weekend.

sirkkis said...

Pixie & Claudia,
Happy FFO 🥰

Jim said...

Hot sky.

DVArtist said...

A lovely post. Hmmm exalting our years to make a difference. I should try that because I am having a hard time being old. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a very nice weekend.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your last photo and poem really hit home today! Thanks!

My name is Erika. said...

Wow, you and Pixie sure saw a gorgeous sunset. The color of the sky is just amazing. I'm not sure I could reproduce that pink if I wanted to. Happy weekend ahead Cloudia.

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous sky in that first shot.

RedPat said...

Love the quotes and the Fred Astaire clip!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Wonderful inspiration once again!
Blessings!

Jenn Jilks said...

Your skies are happily epic. I love being by the water.

carol l mckenna said...

Gorgeous sky shot ~ love the kitty ~ so sweet ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

John A Hill said...

I love the diversity among flowers, even among roses!

Cloudia said...

Your visits and comments mean quite a lot to pixie and me. Bless each of you with aloha

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful post. I love that electric sky!

Mae Travels said...

The statue of queen Liliuokalani is beautiful. Hers is a sad story, sad for Hawaii.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I like both statues, but I LOVE the one of Queen Liliuokalani. And of course, Pixie looks lovely today, too.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Beautiful post!!

Bill said...

A stunning sky in the first photo, I love it.

GreenComotion said...

The sky photo is superb. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Photo Cache said...

That particular pink hue on the hibiscus is so pretty.

Worth a Thousand Words

James said...

Cool shots that look even better when clicked on!

James said...

Great photos and I love the video! Thanks for pointing me to Lou Stoumen.