Thursday, January 4, 2024

Like a Sunbeam

A L O H A From Honolulu!

I don't want to get to 
the end of my life and 
find that I lived just 
the length of it. 
I want to have lived 
the width of it as well.
             Diane Ackerman


Alone with myself
The trees bend to caress me
The shade hugs my heart
         Candy Polgar 



Choice: Climb or Sit
To escape from the world
means that one's mind is
not concerned with the
opinions of the world.
Dōgen




They're gone.
I let them chase me.
I led them like a sunbeam
and vanished like a shadow.
      Erin Bow



世世世世世世世世世世世世
Love You,
Cloudia & Pixie


並  並


Links

SkyWatch

Floral Friday

Friday Faceoff


With unfailing kindness,
your life always presents
what you need to learn.
 The next teacher is going
to pop right up.
Joko Beck


22 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Smiling at the vanishing Pixie.

roentare said...

Live the width of the life too

Mike said...

I've got a real good width going for me.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful images and quotes.
Love the cute doggie and Pixie.
Take care, have a wonderful day!

Tom said...

...I'll sit, thank you.

Barbara Rogers said...

Ah Pixie becoming some bricks, or maybe bricks becoming Pixie!

magiceye said...

Marvelous captures and captions!

RedPat said...

Love that 1st quote and of course the rainbow, Cloudia. ;-)

Anvilcloud said...

Clever pic of the puss.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful rainbow.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Love Pixie's elusive photo!

Jenn Jilks said...

You really do craft the most amazing posts.

Teresa said...

This is a cool post. I love Pixie trying to catch a sunbeam and becoming ethereal herself. I also love the little dog popping up to teach us how to enjoy life and live it to the fullest.

Catalyst said...

Is Pixie gone? I would be very sad.

Cloudia said...

Pixie is right here, thank you.. and thank each of you very much. I love your comments. Aloha!

Iris Flavia said...

Clever pic of Pixie!

sirkkis said...

What a clever and adorable picture of Pixie !
Happy new year to you xx

My name is Erika. said...

You always have some great quotes Cloudia. I like the one about living the width as well as the length of life. And those effigies are really interesting. I like how they allow you to see who is there, but in another way they could be kind of creepy too. Have a great weekend and Friday. hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Ohhh this is a wonderful post. I especially like the first quote. Great faces too. Thank you for joining FFO and have a lovely day.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely photos, I love the rainbow! Hugs, Valerie

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Beautiful photos, great quotes!!

Jocelyn said...

Gorgeous rainbow.