Friday, March 29, 2024

Droophead

A L O H A From Honolulu!
A molten ember bleeding
into amethyst.
Wispy multi-hues
in twilight's dance exist.




So breathe, and smile,
and know your worth,
A symphony sung
from your birth.

For in you
wonder's boundless claim,
Whispering: "forever
is your name"




This fire that we call Loving
is too strong for human minds.
But just right for human souls.
  Aberjhani



Guzmania lingulata, also known as the scarlet star, droophead tufted airplant, or orange star, is a flowering plant native to the rainforests of Central and South America, southern Mexico, and the West Indies. It is a member of the Bromeliaceae family






๐Ÿค



What really matters is
helping others win, too,
even if it means slowing down
and changing our course
now and then.
   Fred Rogers

๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ
Love,
Cloudia & Pixie


๐Ÿž


24 comments:

Katerinas Blog said...

I like the post! Each image is accompanied by a very beautiful quote that encourages us positively! Have a nice day!

Elephant's Child said...

Droophead? Not a good name for this glorious plant. I vote for scarlet star.

Teresa said...

Love the droophead flower and the droophead Pixie. Great post today.

Cloudia said...

Thanks Dears!

Mike said...

I don't remember the song or the Royalettes. They must not have been played in my area. They probably didn't pay off the DJs with enough money.

roentare said...

Love is too strong for mind but souls

eileeninmd said...

Pixie and the flower are my favorites.
Great quotes and photos.
Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy weekend.

Tom said...

...I thought that fire trucks in Hawaii were yellow.

Tomichan Matheikal said...

Nice flowers and deep thoughts.

William Kendall said...

Pixie is settling into a well earned nap.

Barbara Rogers said...

I also won't want to call it a droophead, but it is a name that I will remember anyway! Hi to Pixie. Thanks for beautiful photos and thoughtful quotes.

RedPat said...

The Droophead is beautiful but what a strange name for it, Cloudia. ;-)

s.c said...

I always smile when I see your post.

LoveT. said...

I love the words from Fred Rogers. Great Post.
Have a wonderful friday xoxox

DVArtist said...

Thank you for joining FFO.

Annie said...

That flower is such a stunning red colour….I love it
Hugs,
Annie x

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wow, that Scarlet Star puts on quite a show!

peppylady (Dora) said...

The world need more smilies.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, that beautiful scarlet star flower -- so gorgeous!

Kay said...

I'm loving all your beautiful poetry, Cloudia.

Joyful said...

Lovely.

My name is Erika. said...

Fabulous photos. I hope you're having a great weekend Cloudia.

Fundy Blue said...

The scarlet star is gorgeous, Cloudia. Happy Easter!

mamapez5 said...

I love your images and thoughtful words, and what a beautiful flower. Kate x