Monday, August 24, 2009

Gates of Prison or Joy

A L O H A!
Glad to See YOU again
Here at Waikiki
click on photos, see BIG
Lingering Moments



“The primary sign of a well-ordered mind is a man's ability to remain in one place and linger in his own company”
Seneca


Psychedelic Fish


"A fish may love a bird, but where would they live?"
Drew Barrymore

"Assure a man that he has a soul and then frighten him with old wives' tales as to what is to become of him afterward, and you have hooked a fish, a mental slave."

Theodore Dreiser



Where There are Fish,
There is the Heron to Catch and Eat Them.



"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish."
Steven Wright

Old and New:
Traditional-Style Polynesian Tattooing & Cell Phone

"Every man is a quotation from all his ancestors"

Ralph Waldo Emerson






Modern physics and western medicine

have discovered the mind/body connection.

Some even call it

bodymind.

As the mind believes

the body percieves

and reacts.

According to Huna,

the ancient beliefs of the Hawaiians,

the world is what you think it is:

Filled with God's glory,

or empty nihilism;

You decide - You experience.

We are at the gates

of

Joy.






25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said about fish - may love a bird but where would they live ?
Wishes are unlimited but few are only fulfilled.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Your daily ration of quotations always gets me knot a good frame of mind, Cloudia.

Reader Wil said...

Again good quotes! Where do you find them? Thanks for your visit!

magiceye said...

amen

namaste /\
aloha!

SandyCarlson said...

Just what I need this morning as I return to work for the new school year. Thank you for this. I am encouraged. Heartened.

Akelamalu said...

Great quotes today Cloudia and fab pictures as always. :)

the walking man said...

The world is what you perceive it to be. The problems rise when every one in a community has same perception syndrome.

Thank God for that Heron which changes things up some. For the fish eaten it becomes one way and for them depending on closeness their perception changes according to nearness of the Herons beak.

Dave King said...

I loved all your photographs, but the psychedelic fish had me salivating. Wicked!

Lana Gramlich said...

Ironically I came upon that Huna philosophy all on my own some years ago; whatever you believe, you're right.
Love the quote from Stephen Wright, btw! Brilliant!

Travis Erwin said...

This post made me wanna go fishing.

Daryl said...

I love how you always find 'the perfect quote' for each photo .. Aloha!

Teresa said...

I love the psychedelic fish, Cloudia! Today I'm choosing gates of joy!

Unknown said...

Oh, Cloudia! I love your quotes! Especially the last one - the proverb. So true, from my perspective.

Great photos. Love the fish.

It's always great to get your comments on my blog. Thank you!

Peace,
Gina

Charles Gramlich said...

I guess I have a pretty well organized mind then, since I like my own company.

Sandee said...

My life is perfect and filled with joy.

Have a terrific day. :)

Anonymous said...

Selah!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

How funny, my daughters were just talking about Drew Barrymore and then I read the quote. Serendipity.

Anonymous said...

Love the tat!- and the R.W.Emerson quote!

robert said...

Closing the doors behind, opening those infront, leading towards joy.
Thank you as well for 'bleaching' once again my mind, leaving me to write nothing more intelligent.

Nancy said...

I think the Hawaiians have it right on this one.

claude said...

I a glad about my walk in Waikiki today !
Aloha, Cloudia !

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a good quote from one of the acclaimed thinkers of our time, Drew Barrymore!

Wil Harrison.com

DeniseinVA said...

You most definitely said it Cloudia, 'we are the gates of joy'. How true! Wonderful post, wonderful photographs and wonderful quotes. Thank you my dear friend, you yourself are the 'gates of joy'.

Unknown said...

I stopped by because I needed my dose of Hawaii!

Awesome quotes -- :)
Sue

Adore the pics

Cloudia said...

Thank you EACH!!!!