Thursday, August 18, 2011

Indomitable Torch of the Mundane

A L O H A !







" A writer uses a pen
 instead of a scalpel
 or blow torch. "

Michael Ondaatje 






" I quote others
 only in order the better
 to express myself. "

Michel de Montaigne 










Indomitable Torch of the Mundane


" We cannot hold a torch
 to light another's path 
without brightening our own. "


Ben Sweetland 










“Only God, my dear,

Could love you for yourself alone

And not your yellow hair.”

 William Butler Yeats



 

  ><}}(°>

“Life is no brief candle to me.
 It is a sort of splendid torch
 which I have got a hold of 
for the moment,
 and I want to make it burn
 as brightly as possible
 before handing it on
to future generations.”

 George Bernard Shaw 




  >  <  }  }  ( ° >


Together
we walk;

we talk
you & I

How jolly!

walking together

You & I.
  
             JOLLY! warmly, cloudia

28 comments:

Daryl said...

I enjoyed that, especially the rainbow

FilipBlog said...

The traditional rainbow. Like the flowers.

Greetings,
Filip

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous rainbow!

Akelamalu said...

Oh look at that rainbow! :0

Commander Zaius said...

Awesome rainbow!

Elephant's Child said...

And a good writer can use a pen/keyboard as a scalpel or blowtorch where required. Love the rainbow. One of my favourite things.

KrippledWarrior said...

Aloha, great pics and prose as always.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this walk.

Please have you all a wonderful Friday.



daily athens

Windsmoke. said...

Fantastic photo of a welcoming rainbow. Your quote gets my vote as well as the Ben Sweetland one :-).

Erika said...

Very deep thoughts and nice shots, dear friend Cloudia!
Aloha from Italy!!!!
:)
Erika

DeniseinVA said...

Beautiful!

Charles Gramlich said...

Those cones with the flowers above really do like like they're on fire.

Cloudia said...

Jolly! Thanks Dears :)

Cloudia said...

I'm gonna make a slide show of RAINBOWS!

Hilary said...

Beautiful... one and all.

PETRO50 said...

Nice fototgrafie for me from so far and interesting country. Thank you for the opportunity to look at your blog. Nice weekend wishes Peter.

KB said...

Love the rainbow.

Linnea said...

So beautiful! That last shot of the rainbow is amazing! It's so BIG!

Steffi said...

I love the rainbow!

claude said...

Beautiful photos and nice quotes, Cloudia !
Magnificent rainbow.
Aloha !

Kay said...

Love these great quotes and photos, Cloudia. Have a fantastic weekend.

Leovi said...

Beautiful pictures, I love them all, but especially the last. Greetings.

Friko said...

I like your indomitable torches!

Lori Skoog said...

You sure get some amazing photographs (not to mention all the appropriate quotes). Jolly!

TALON said...

As always, Cloudia, a perfect blend of beautiful photos and fabulous quotes.

I have an old book of Michel de Montaigne essays that I really love. :)

Birdman said...

I like them all today, uplifting.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You put so much into your posts Cloudia and we love you for it!! Your photo 'Indomitable Torch of Mundane' is so cleverly composed. Have a wonderful weekend.

Heidi said...

LOVE that rainbow, sooooooo pretty!..Your pics are always so beautiful! Have a great week ahead. Greetings from Indiana.