Sunday, March 18, 2012

Music

A  L  O  H  A  !
Don't Forget to Dance by The Kinks on Grooveshark

Kindly Klick on the Kontent
" If there is anything 
that we wish to change in the child, 
we should first examine it
 and see whether it is not something 
 that could better be changed 
in ourselves.  "

Carl Jung






 


" Think first 
about the foundations of humility. 
The higher 
your structure is to be,
 the deeper must be its
 foundation.  "

Saint Augustine












" Fugitive slaves were rare then,
 and as a fugitive slave lecturer,
 I had the advantage
 of being the first one out.  "

                                      
Frederick Douglass












“When I hear music,

 I fear no danger. 

I am invulnerable. 

I see no foe.

 I am related to the earliest times,

 and to the latest.”

 

 Henry David Thoreau 
 
               ><}}(°>

< ° ) } } > < 
 
 
 
 
Music & Nostalgia
are sisters.

Music helps to make
and to mark
a certain moment
in Our Time.

Everyone
can love the Beatles
but only a lucky few
get to hear them
as a fresh new sound
at just the right
age !

Watching the old kinescope
even the Stones
seem sedate.

That "Damned Jungle Music"
was actually quite
musical.

Hard to remember,
to realize,
just how New
it all 
once sounded. 

Do YOU remember?

< ° ) } } > <

Thank YOU
for visiting.


                           Warmly, cloudia



19 comments:

the walking man said...

I remember hearing the Beatles for the first time and liking the music but right then MoTown was busting out all over the place and that rally hit us here with greater impact.

21 Wits said...

We live to hear music!

DeniseinVA said...

Music is good for the soul but then so is your blog :)

mermaid gallery said...

yes, i remember it all....it was very exciting....the Doors, Jimi Hendryx, Janis, Country Joe and the Fish, C. S N. and Y. ....it was a huge influence on my life.... as I put a flower in my hair.....

Commander Zaius said...

Love the Beatles but for some reason as a kid I liked the Monkees better.

Charles Gramlich said...

I wish I could still think as a child, have the worries of a child. Alas.

Lisa said...

Music and nostalgia are sisters. Enjoyed your pictures and awesome quotes.

G-Man said...

I remember it like it was yesterday!

Kay said...

Oh I do, I do. And I remember that telecast on the Ed Sullivan Show too. I remember the excitement and joy!

Jake Daniel said...

Pretty good insight!

You know I would love if a writer talented like you would visit my blog and check things out!

Let me know,

Jake

Anonymous said...

I don't try to change children, I delight in letting them change me instead. ~Mary

irinapictures said...

Music is one of the greatest treasures we have. I remember how my personal "iron curtain" was blown away by Swedish "ABBA" and then the Beatles, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

Anonymous said...

I learn much through music.

Please have you all a happy new week ahead.

wenn said...

love the beatles..

Elephant's Child said...

My older brothers were 'of age' for the beatles and the stones and the doors etc, etc, etc. I very happily came along for the ride.

Cloudia said...

You guys BLOW my mind!!

Thanks SO much for these comments

Rajesh said...

Wonderful captures.

magiceye said...

hmmm

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!

Cloudia said...

thanks each of you-