Saturday, March 10, 2012

Pleasant Marsh

A  L  O  H  A !


Midnight In Moscow by Kenny Ball & His Jazzman on Grooveshark
PLEASE Click Away on these SHOTS:
" He who knows best 
knows how little
 he knows. "

Thomas Jefferson













" Humility does not mean
 thinking less of yourself
 than of other people, 
nor does it mean 
having a low opinion 
of your own gifts.

  It means freedom
 from thinking about 

yourself

 at all.  "

William Temple










" It wasn't until quite late in life
 that I discovered
 how easy it is
 to say
 "I don't know!"  

Somerset Maugham









" Too many people 
overvalue what they are not
 and undervalue 
what they
 are.  "

Malcolm S. Forbes









" All the birds have flown up and gone;
A lonely cloud floats leisurely by.
We never tire of looking at each other -
Only the mountain and I. "

Li Po


       (*)>
/ )
    /"     
        



The marshes
and the margins
have ever been
my comfort zone.

Queen of Uplift
because I need it
most.

Moving towards the 
Center
Tempting-

-but too soon
 swamped
by quicksand
of intransigence.

So back to the marshes
the margins;

No flags will half-staff
when I pass.

But I've known
Sunshine and
the Gold of Your
 Friendship -

Treasure indeed
for the voyage
ahead.


Thank you for being TREASURE!
comment?
                                         Warmly, cloudia

26 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Based on the Thomas Jefferson quote, I am close to a genius. Lovely quotes, and I loved the mixture of photographs. You are truly talented. Thank you.

Akelamalu said...

Have a great weekend Cloudia. x

LadyFi said...

Lovely shots, although I don't see the moon as being cold.

Trotter said...

Aloha!!
Great Socrates!!

RONW said...

that fireworks finale for the Honolulu Festival the best. The parade participants needed the lift since it drizzled on their parade, was a bit miserable.

Lori Skoog said...

Great quotes, and I love what you wrote at the end. Very revealing and straight from the heart.

Humility is so important.

Jeannie said...

...
removes the colours from our sight
red is grey
and yellow, white
but which is the illusion?

have a great day Cloudia

Birdman said...

... cold hearted orb. LOVE the Moodies!

mermaid gallery said...

another beautiful day in paradise.....our world is always amazing!

Charles Gramlich said...

"cold hearted orb, that rules the night" is from one of my favorite poems of all time.

foongpc said...

Like the quote by Malcolm Forbes! : )

T. Becque said...

That moon shot is fantastic!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I like all the images Cloudia, but I love the third one, there's determination in the lady's stride that is admirable. I hope you're having a fab weekend.

21 Wits said...

Aloha, and thank you for spreading joy. Enjoy your weekend, Karen

Teresa said...

Great post!! Who translated the Li Po poem? It's very well rendered!!

Windsmoke. said...

Bonza photos as is the quote by Thomas Jefferson which is true of a lot of people. The poem by Li Po is most delightful indeed :-).

Cloudia said...

Thank YOU sincerely ! All of YOU

Anonymous said...

Please allow me to thank YOU.

SandyCarlson said...

It's so good to stop here and enjoy your photos, the pearls you have gathered, and the wisdom you offer from your own heart. Thank you for you.

Green Monkey said...

thank you Cloudia.... love and gratitude to you my friend

Commander Zaius said...

Yeah, TJ hit the nail cleanly on the head with that statement.

David Cranmer said...

Love the Kenny Ball music.

Hilary said...

Cold hearted orb... I must go listen to Days of Future Passed now..

Fireblossom said...

Got to love that music! My dad loved that kind of jazz.

Cloudia said...

thank YOU very much my Dears!

Betty Manousos said...

wonderful thoughts, cloudia.
great quotes, too.

a warm ALOHA!