Thursday, February 4, 2021

The Greater Part

 A   L   O   H   A  !


Dad always insisted

that he remembered

the first thing he ever saw:

"I was in my crib, 
opened my eyes,
and saw a telephone pole
outside the window."

Appropriate for a city boy.










But we teased him 

about the entire premise. 

How could anyone have 

a memory like that?














Now that Dad has passed on

by several winters, I find myself

perversely glad that he did not

have to live through a 

world wide pandemic.

WWII was enough 

global disruption

for any life. 

His story?

Oh I believe it now. 

Or perhaps

I just believe

the memory itself.














"Love leaves a memory 

no one can steal."

A Headstone in Ireland







































Thanks to a benevolent 

arrangement of things, 

the greater part of

life is sunshine.

          Thomas Jefferson



༃༃༃༃༃༃༃༃༃༃༖

Each of You Brings 
Your Own Meaning.
It is our privilege
to Greet You!
                   Cloudia & Pixie

Linking To

But finding one brings luck

All Day!

Little Things really 

ARE the Big Things-


12 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

That is a wonderful headstone.
Despite my family saying 'small things for small minds' the little things are HUGE in my world.

Mike said...

On the top of the pole, where the high voltage lines, you can see phase B and phase C crossing each other. A high voltage explosion just waiting to happen. Nice catch. Did you turn this in to the electric company? You did, didn't you? Didn't you? :)

Teresa said...

I love that headstone quote about love leaving a memory, no one can steal. This is such a lovely post. Pixie is particularly beautiful today.

Cloudia said...

Thanks Friends. Mike! Ima look into this, Thanks

William Kendall said...

Pixie is the ranking expert in the enjoyment of sun puddles.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Now I'm thinking about what Mike said, it does look a bit crazy up there 😱 Love the quote on the headstone 💙

RedPat said...

Finding that lovely wee flower would brighten my day!

Cloudia said...

Thanks All!

Caro G said...

The headstone quote is wonderful. The small things in live can be anchors in our memories.

betty-NZ said...

You always have a fascinating variety of images and quotes!

Thank you for being a part of 'My Corner of the World' this week!

Arun Goyal said...

Beautiful blooms of spring. It would be my pleasure if you share you post on my link up party Garden Affair where you can share pertaining to gardening, nature and wildlife http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2021/02/garden-affair-visiting-nursery-in-spring.html

Cloudia said...

Done! Thanks EACH of YOU