Monday, May 9, 2022

Rain To Sun Hearts Run

A L O H A From Honolulu!
Windward Oahu, Valeri Michaels, Kaneohe

The richness of the rain
made me feel safe
and protected;




Dreaming Weather
- I have always considered
the rain to be healing
—a blanket-
the comfort of a friend.
Without at least some rain
in any given day, or
at least a cloud or two
on the horizon, I
feel overwhelmed by
the information of sunlight
and yearn for the vital,
muffling gift of falling water.
Douglas Coupland





Sunshine
on my shoulders
makes me happy,
sunshine in my eyes
can make me cry.
Sunshine on the water
looks so lovely,
sunshine
almost always
makes me high.
        John Denver



Erythrina crista-galli,
often known as the
cockspur coral tree, is
a flowering tree in
the family Fabaceae,
native to Argentina,
Uruguay, southern Brazil
and Paraguay. It is
widely planted as a
street or garden tree
in other countries-
     Wikipedia 





Kindness is the sunshine
in which virtue grows.
   Robert Green Ingersoll







A Sweating Cold Drink
is Welcome
on a
Sunny Hot Day!







When thou smilest,
my beloved,
Then my troubled heart
is brightened,
As in sunshine
gleam the ripples
That the cold wind
makes in rivers.
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, 
             ‘The Song Of Hiawatha’




After the rain,
the sun
will reappear...
...the joy will
still be here.
      Walt Disney

𐌳𐌳𐌳𐌳𐌳𐌳𐌳𐌳𐌳𐌳𐌳𐌳𐌳𐌳𐌰
Love You,
    Sunny Pixie &
        Mercurial Cloudia

.
Links
Yoo Hoo!







26 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am with Douglas Coupland. I love the rain.

Teresa said...

Singing in the rain and the sunlight. Great post today.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That wall of rain looked foreboding, but the first rain photo looked refreshing.

That is one sunny mural! Very bright and colorful.

I just feel the sweat coming off that cup. It is a great way to cool down when the sun is beating down. Thanks for sharing this with us for T this week, dear Cloudia.

Sandi said...

The cup looks like a giant ice cream cone!

Sami said...

I had never see a cockspur coral tree, what beautiful flowers!!
Lovely bright mural, thanks for participating in Monday Murals Cloudia.

Rostrose said...


Just sunshine without rain wouldn't be nice, just rain without sunshine wouldn't be nice either - so I'm grateful that we have both.
All the best to you and Pixie - have a happy new week of May!
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/05/monatsruckblick-auf-den-april-teil-1.html

RedPat said...

I think I tend to go along with John Denver on this one.

Mike said...

That IS a giant ice cream cone. "How did he die?" "He jumped into a giant ice cream cone." "Couldn't you save him?" "We pulled him out twice."

Adorapurr said...

Your photos are so wonderpurr to enjoy. I especially love the coral tree. Love, Dori

Cloudia said...

Thanks Dears

Sandee said...

Love all the quotes and especially the rain one. It cleans everything.

I always enjoy seeing Pixie.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Scritches to beautiful Pixie. ♥

William Kendall said...

Pixie is wanting a good belly rub.

DeniseinVA said...

Yoo hoo! I can hear an old friend calling me when I was walking down the street, enough to stop for a delightful chat or chin-wag as that old English expression goes :) Beautiful sights and words, and Pixie :) Have a great week my friend!

Lillian "sognafaret" said...

So amazing!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Don't forget to link to T Tuesday, Cloudia.

21 Wits said...

Your first photo is beautiful, what a lovely view. I believe we've stepped into the growing season here finally, it's been such a slow process. I don't know the name of the flowering beauty but it's incredible. Aloha and enjoy your wanderings.

21 Wits said...

Erythrina crista-galli,
often known as the
cockspur coral tree, is
a flowering tree in
the family Fabaceae,
native to Argentina,
Uruguay, southern Brazil
and Paraguay. I knew you told us but I couldn't recall it! Nature's gifts, incredible.

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely selection of photos and quotes! And Pixie looks adorable as ever

Divers and Sundry said...

Hibiscus flowers and an ice-cold drink are perfect summertime joys :) Happy T Tuesday

CJ Kennedy said...

The floral tree is stunning. And so is the beautiful Pixie. Happy T Day

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful flower photos - amazing 😀. Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

jinxxxygirl said...

Thank you for the lovely quotes and pictures! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

nwilliams6 said...

I never thought of it but rain is comforting. Super lovely post.

Hugz to you and Pixie. Happy T-day

DVArtist said...

Oh please send me some sunshine. Your photos are beautiful. Have a nice day.

Sharon Madson said...

Aloha! Wish we were there! Happy T Day!

Rambling Woods said...

I love this one.... The richness of the rain
made me feel safe
and protected;