Thursday, January 18, 2024

Thin The Veil

 A L O H A From Honolulu!

After a while, 
whoever you are, 
you just have to
let go, and the 
river brings you home.
        Joanne Harris


It isn't the great big 
pleasures that count the most;
it's making a great deal 
out of the little ones.
           Jean Webster






All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice
like a child. Marie Curie


The happiest people 
don't worry too much 
about whether life 
is fair or not, they 
just get on with it.
      Andrew Matthews




 Gratitude
Dissolves fear.
A smile
Thins the veil
Between Heaven 
& Earth,
Between souls.


 And when old Winter puts 
his blank face to the glass, 
I shall close all my shutters, 
pull the curtains tight, 
And build me stately 
palaces by candlelight.
       Charles Baudelaire



ᬪᬪᬪᬪᬪᬪᬪᬪᬪᬪᬪ
Love You,
Cloudia & Pixie


ᬪᬽ



Hawaiian Voyaging Canoe
Visits The Golden Gate



21 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you for the rainbow - a sure fire way to improve every day.

John A Hill said...

A smile thins the veil...
That's a beautiful thought.

roentare said...

Gratitude does dissolve fear!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful rainbow and a lovely sky capture!
Great quotes and photos.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Tom said...

...he happiest people don't worry too much about whether life is fair or not, they
just get on with it. Amen sister!

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous skies.

Anvilcloud said...

I agree that 'the stuff of life' lies in appreciating the common, little moments of life. Especially because big moments are so rare.

RedPat said...

Love the words today, Cloudia. ;-)

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Gratitude is the way to peace and contentment. Blessings, Cloudia, and thanks for the rainbow photo!

Teresa said...

Are you and Pixie planning a trip back to visit California as you travel on a Hawaiian voyager canoe? That would be really awesome!

LA Paylor said...

oh just love seeing the beautiful skies, and Pixie the model
LeeAnna

My name is Erika. said...

That Polynesian canoe film is great. And I especially love the last quote by Baudelaire. It is definitely today in NH.

Mike said...

I'm not ready to let go yet. 😁

Lydia C. Lee said...

I love the first two quotes. Nice post.

Anita said...

Beautiful post and those little haikus are very nice!Say and give a hug to Pixie xxxx

Catalyst said...

Baudelaire! 5 stars!

Jim said...

Great rainbow capture.

Lea said...

Great photos and quotes!
My favorites are the quotes by Marie Curie and Jean Webster.
Have a blessed day!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful rainbow and I live those Polynesian vessels!

Revrunner said...

I'm envious of these great rainbow shots.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love me a beautiful rainbow!