Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Tiny Walker, Cloud Castle, Grackle

 

 A  L  O  H  A 

From

Honolulu

To know
your ruling passion,
examine your
castles in the air.
Richard Whately




Crackle, grackle,
dusk will fall,
Still you chatter,
still you call.
Shadows stretch
and softly spackle—
Dreams will hum
of grackle crackle.

Crackle grackle,
dusk falls fast, Chatter chatter,
shadows cast! Tap-tap feet
on trackle track— Dreaming, gleaming,
grackle back!
Pixie

Common Grackle
Bright yellow eye
and iridescent plumage that
shifts between purple,
blue, and green in the light.



The greatest weapon 
against stress is our 
ability to choose one
thought over another.
    William James






Don't be afraid of the shadows, 
it only means there's 
a light nearby.     
  Amy Lee



𑄜𑄜𑄜𑄜𑄜𑄜𑄜𑄜𑄜𑄜𑄜𑄜
Love You,
Pixie & Cloudia
𑄜 𑄜 𑄜






16 comments:

Tom said...

...I LOVE the sign! Be well.

Anvilcloud said...

How fun with crackling grackles.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

The poem about the grackle is fantastic, Cloudia. Tell Pixie she's outdone herself.

Jenn Jilks said...

Hugs to you and yours.

RedPat said...

I love the sign too, Cloudia. ;-)

DVArtist said...

Wow it is so blue there. A wonderful poem, Cloudia.

Kathy G said...

I love Pixie's poem!

Sandee said...

Pixie's poem is outstanding. She's also very beautiful.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Scritches to Pixie. ♥

My GBGV Life said...

Great thought about stress!

Michelle said...

I like Pixie's poem. Grackles are fun to watch.

roentare said...

I love that fishing photo there. It reeks a sense of nostalgia

Sami said...

Pretty bird. Love to Pixie and you, have a great week Cloudia

Teresa said...

Pixie seems to be fixated on the grackle. Does that mean she wants to be friends or to have a crunchy, crackly lunch??

Life Images by Jill said...

I enjoyed the photos and the quotes/poems that went with them. Enjy the rest of your week. I am visiting from Travel Tuesday.

Iris Flavia said...

To the light, Pixie!

rupam sarma said...

So beautiful post. Awesome series of photos.
Greetings to your and Pixie.