Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Tiny Giant


  A  L  O  H  A 

From

Honolulu

You can't give

your life more time,

so give your time

more life.

Don't just exist

but live!


Tiny Giant

By Cloudia Charters


Small pink blossom

alone on the sidewalk—

small enough

to be overlooked -

A dropped bit of sunset,

nothing special to stop for.


Yet above it

a shadow.


Perhaps that shadow

is its soul,

its longing, its guardian,

its possible larger self?


But the tiny giant

just keeps blooming,

oblivious,

on the sidewalk.

Dreaming.




Wise folks change their minds Fools never do. Spanish Proverb



꧁😺꧂


Love You,

Pixie & Cloudia






13 comments:

Stewart M said...

Living life to its full is the best you can do. I try to avoid people who stop me doing so!
Hope all is well.
Cheers - Stewart M - Bologna, Italy

Cloudia said...

Grazie, Stewart!

Teresa said...

I love your tiny giant poem. I think Pixie likes it, too.

Anvilcloud said...

Giving you life more time is an interesting way to put it.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Cloudia,
Beautiful sky and flower.
Love your poem! Pixie is always a cutie.
Take care, enjoy your day!

rupam sarma said...

Glad to read your poem. Amazing sky view.
Lovely flower. Hello to cute Pixie :)
Greetings.

Tom said...

...tiny giant, keep living.

RedPat said...

Love the little poem to the tiny flower, Cloudia, ;-)

Martha Jane Orlando said...

The tiny giant poem and photo are outstanding, Cloudia! Blessings to you and Pixie!

Barbara Rogers said...

You always touch my heart with your poetry and beautiful photos. Pats to Pixie!

Cloudia said...

Thank you dear friends. Being with you means a lot to me as I negotiate a challenging time in life. Aloha to each of you, you are appreciated

Kathy G said...

I wonder if the flower appreciates the super-sized shadow of itself.

Michelle said...

A beautiful flower and precious Pixie. Hugs to you both :)