Thursday, October 20, 2011

Simply Allow

People to Speak Without Interruption

A L O H A !



click on the clouds for small revelations
" Shoulder the sky, my lad,
and drink your ale. "
 
A. E. Housman




" Nowadays most men lead lives
of noisy desperation. "

James Thurber




" Now all my teachers are dead
except silence. " 

W.S. Merwin










" Silence
is the true friend
that never betrays. "

Confucius












 " An inability to stay quiet
is one of the most conspicuous failings
of mankind. "

Walter Bagehot






" Silence is a source of great strength. "

Lao Tzu






" Listening is not 
waiting to talk. "

Scott Ginsberg






" Every person in this life
has something to teach me—
and as soon as I accept that,
I open myself to truly listening. "

 Catherine Doucette





" Deep listening, compassionate listening
is not listening with the purpose of analyzing
or even uncovering what has happened in the past.

You listen first of all
in order to give the other person relief,
a chance to speak out,
to feel that someone finally understands him or her.

Deep listening is the kind of listening
that helps us to keep
compassion alive
while the other speaks…

During this time you have in mind only one idea,
one desire: 
to listen
in order to give the other person
the chance to speak out
and suffer less. 

This is your only purpose.
Other things like analyzing,
understanding the past,
can be a by-produce of this work.

But first of all
listen with compassion. "

Thich Nhat Hanh


 

" The most basic of all human needs 
is the need to understand
and be understood.
 The best way to understand people 
is to listen to them. "

Ralph Nichols




" To truly listen
is to risk being changed
forever. "

Sakej Henderson


 

 

" An enemy is a person
whose story we have not heard. "

Gene Knudsen Hoffman






" Wisdom is the reward
you get
for a lifetime of listening
when you’d have preferred to talk. "

Doug Larson




> < } } ( ° >
 
 
 

Thank YOU for visiting today!

Give us the chance to listen
to YOU - leave a comment
                                       Warmly, cloudia

29 comments:

Joop Zand said...

Again very nice shots Cloudia,
i like them

warm greetings, Joop

Anonymous said...

I've always like quotes fro Lao Tzu, but he'll have to finish second today to Doug Larson's quote.

Sandy said...

So true - everyone has something to teach us like or not.... =)

21 Wits said...

I am hearing, the ocean roar, and speaking only of things that matter! Enjoy your day Cloudia!

Erik Donald France said...

Bautiful pix. I'm listening, quiet and clear ;->

Fave: " Shoulder the sky, my lad,
and drink your ale." (A.E.Housman)
That's just plain cool~~

Lynn said...

That Thurber quote cracks me up.

Gorgeous rainbow!

Akelamalu said...

All wise words Cloudia. xx

Jeannie said...

Listening - and actually hearing are not so easy

Cloudia said...

I hear YOU

Anonymous said...

What wonderful sound of comfort you did create.

Please have you all a good Friday.


daily athens photo

Elephant's Child said...

And truly listening is a lot harder than it sounds. And rare.

Marguerite said...

Lovely pics and wise words! Aloha, cher!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Thought provoking quotes. Ginsburg's is particularly to the point. True listening is not a passive act.

Cloudia said...

Thank you Friends!!

Windsmoke. said...

I hear you, but silence is golden too :-).

Anonymous said...

A lovely peaceful post. Silence is so very important amidst all the noise of our living.

magiceye said...

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!

Cloudia said...

Namaste

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

沉默是金 !~

Myrna R. said...

I REALLY enjoyed reading these quotes. I try to be a good listener, but I know I can do better.

Pierre BOYER said...

Beautifull sky !
Enjoy your day Cloudia...
Greetings from Paris,

Pierre

bichonpawz said...

That flower is just gorgeous!!! Have a nice weekend Cloudia!!
xo
Jeanne

Peter said...

ssshhhh! (whispering) inspiring words and images. Thankyou.

Betty Manousos said...

inspiring and cheerful!
great rainbow shot!

aloha!!!!!!xx

Charles Gramlich said...

I still have a long way to go to master listening.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh I can't believe how much I've missed in such a short while, you have been very prolific Cloudia and I've enjoyed looking at every bit. How things have changed since Clarence Walker took off and crashed into a Lauhala tree, I loved the October Full moon predawn and dawn video, spectacular and am happy to see that Kitty is still happy in his new home and like a typical cat has found the best spot to 'sun' himself! Thanks for the good vibes over the last few days Cloudia, much appreciated. Hope you have a super weekend.

Samantha said...

Loved all the quotes..but especially yours about Just Listening.

Cloudia said...

I SO appreciate & enjoy YOUr comment!!!

Thank YOU

Full-On-Forward said...

Sorry---what? Hey--I'm a dude!

;-)! But I listen to my Sister!!!

J