Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Clothing the Ephemeral

A L O H A From Honolulu!


We should learn to savor
some moments to let
time feel worth existing Munia Khan



Wild Chickens of Oahu
There are more chickens
in the world than any
other kind of bird.
Rachel Smith





Recent discoveries have confirmed one of the other suggestions made since the 1920's, that chicken were brought across the Pacific, island by island, by Polynesians, in
ancient times.

David Scrivener




More Fabric/Graphics from the
Okinawan Festival, Honolulu

Clothes make the man.
Naked people have little
or no influence on society.
Mark Twain






It is as though the fabric
were indeed a natural
extension of the body,
or even of the soul. Quentin Bell




What you wear is how you
present yourself to the world,
especially today, when human
contacts are so quick.
Fashion is instant language. Miuccia Prada



Life is mostly froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.
Adam Lindsay Gordon


ૠૠૠૠૠૠૠૠૠૠૠૠૠૠૡ
Love You,
 Pixie & Cloudia
.

Links
in feathers, the helmet, worn
with a long feathered cape,
would have offered
physical and spiritual protection
during battle and signified social
and spiritual power
during ceremonial rites."
Anne D’Alleva Link

.

"Hawaiian Chief’s Cloak and Helmet
Repatriated After 241 Years"
                                           Link

21 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I love the quote by Adam Lindsay Gordon - and that stunning Hawaiian Chief's Cloak and helmet.

Cloudia said...

Always such a pleasure to see you my friend to see you my friend!

Teresa said...

Did you know that chickens are believed to have come down from the trees because they wanted to eat rice? That's probably how they got domesticated...

Pixie looks like she is sitting up and enjoying the Bon Dance fashion show. What lovely clothes!

Gemel said...

The feathered cape and headgear is exquisite. So is Pixie.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Pixie and the chickens are cute. The Chief's cloak is amazing.
Take care, enjoy your and the week ahead.

William Kendall said...

Pixie would like to have a word with the chickens.

RedPat said...

Love that cloak.

Cloudia said...

I would come out of a tree to eat some rice definitely! So wonderful to see you guys! Thanks!!

Tom said...

...you are at chicken central!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Hmm, maybe I should up my appearance a bit more when I go out in public. :-) Aloha, Cloudia! I’m so glad to glad to see you. It’s been a very long time since I last visited. Are you back in Hawaii?

Sandee said...

I love that first shot the best. I would love to be sitting in that chair with that beautiful view.

Always good to see Pixie.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Scritches to Pixie. ♥

Breathtaking said...

Hello Cloudia, :=) The chicken is cute. I didn't know there are so many different kinds of chickens in the world. The material of the robes have gorgeous designs, and the chiefs helmit and cloak are stunning. I love Pixie's pose, and the last quote.
All the best

Mike said...

People around here are starting to ask about raising chickens and what they have to do to get started. One gal said all her chickens were snatched by hawks so make sure their cages have tops on them.

Andree said...

I watch all the HGTV Hawaii shows and had heard about the chickens there. That's so cool. The cape is stunning.

Pisi Prkl said...

I like the Mark Twain quote. And love those Okinawan prints. Kinda Okinawan take on Hawaian shirts.

21 Wits said...

Aloha Cloudia and what a view he has in the first photo, it looks like a perfect spot to just enjoy life. You know I love the quote with Pixie, it just makes my day. Enjoy yours take care.

Cloudia said...

Thanks so much friends

Barbara Rogers said...

Wonderful photos and quotes! Loved seeing Mrs. Kitty, who I assume must be Pixie. She's beautiful.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Wild Chickens ... never knew you had them or that they were brought to you island by island by the Polynesians. Learn something new each day ... that is my goal and you fulfilled it for me. Love the fabric graphics and the feather cape and helmet ... very interesting and beautiful. Pixie always steals the show for me and this week it is not only her picture, but her quote. Love it all, Claudia ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

EricaSta said...

Munia Khan says right words in his quote. Thank you for sharing.

I'm glad to find your blogsite. It's very interesting, I enjoyed reading.

Fundy Blue said...

Aloha, Cloudia! I was really surprised when I fist visited Hawaii a long time ago to discover that there were wild chickens. The people crossing the Pacific in canoes were very brave.