Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Crescent


  A  L  O  H  A 

From

Honolulu

It is almost impossible
to watch a sunset
and not dream.
Bern Williams




The lesser goldfinch is a small finch
in the genus Spinus native to the Americas.
California photo

The sparrow that is twittering
on the edge of my balcony
is calling up to me this moment
a world of memories
that reach over half my lifetime,
and a world of hope
that stretches farther
than any flight
of sparrows. Donald G. Mitchell



Crescent
By Cloudia Charters A crescent moon reminds us that becoming is beautiful. Even a sliver of light can guide us through a long journey. The crescent does not apologize for being incomplete. Patience is the moon’s wisdom: every phase arrives in its own time. It grows quietly, yet the whole sky notices. Even a thin moon carries the promise of fullness. The crescent is a smile the night offers to those who look up. You do not have to be whole to be luminous. Every new beginning starts with a little light. The crescent teaches us that less can still be enough— and what appears to be a fragment may already be the beginning of renewal. It holds within its slender curve patience, hope, and the promise of becoming.




When you've lost sight 
of your path, 
listen for the
destination
 in your heart.
Katsura Hoshino

ಖಖಖಖಖಖಖಖಖಖಖಖ

Love You,
Pixie & Cloudia

ಖ ಖೋ ಖ

8 comments:

Tom said...

...keep dreaming as you watch the sun set!

Barbara Rogers said...

Well, Blogger isn't updating my blogs I follow list, but I knew you probably had a new post, and I found it! Yes yes to Pixie and all your quotes today!

RedPat said...

I love your crescent words, Cloudia. ;-)

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Your poem is one of your best, Cloudia. I'm echoing what Barbara said above. So frustrating, but I'm glad I found your latest. Blessings!

Andrew said...

Very special sky in your first photo.

DVArtist said...

That little bird is so cute and Pixie looks like she is on the hunt.

Lori Skoog said...

I love the poem you wrote about the moon!!!!

Teresa said...

Great poem today, Cloudia :) Pixie looks disgruntled.